Today, Netflix started in Austria. Well, I thought, give it a try. Too bad, it's really painful in my Linux box. So, if you also have Ubuntu 14.10:
- Get Chrome Beta 38 or higher
- Update libnss3 via running this in your terminal:
for pkg in libnss3_3.17-1ubuntu1_amd64.deb libnss3-nssdb_3.17-1ubuntu1_all.deb libnss3-1d_3.17-1ubuntu1_amd64.deb
doneThen install it:
$ sudo dpkg -i libnss*.deb
- Install the User-Agent Switcher for Chrome
In its options (right-click on the icon) you have to add a new entry (besides the "String", nothing else really matters):
- Name: Netflix
- String: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/38.0.2114.2 Safari/537.36
- Group: keep it empty
- Indicator: FLX (for Net-Flix)
After that, set it to be active on netflix.com automatically: On the left, in "Permanent Spoof List"...
- Restart chrome, ... cross your fingers ... and enjoy.
- Edit: you also have to set the profile properties in netflix to HTML5 (though, I think it still works without doing anything, because there is no silverlight anyways)